Job Title: Project Manager - Infrastructure and Applications - Peterborough - KBSS1S
Day Rate: Market Rate
Work Pattern: Full Time
Access Talent are Project and Programme Resourcing Specialists for the permanent, contract and interim market.
Who you’ll be working for
At Stoneseed we provide innovative Project, Programme and IT services to a multitude of clientele nationwide, with projects covering a range of industries and technologies. Our success has been built around our innovative Project Management as a Service (PMaaS) model, supported with our Technical Advisory and Service Delivery Management functions.
We are not industry specific, nor aligned to any particular technology or vendors - this role is never the same and therefore, what we offer is variance to our Project Managers, in a client facing scenario.
Now please let us explain what we are like as a company to see if you think we fit what you are looking for. The best way to describe us, we believe, is as a close but growing family. We are not a big corporate company where you can sometimes feel like just a number. We recognise that behind our award-winning service is a great team, and our employees feeling valued is something our Directors feel passionate about.
On joining Stoneseed you will be provided with: A company laptop, free tea and coffee, onsite parking and 24 days’ annual leave, plus an annual company day out. Feeling like part of a team can sometimes be a challenge when you are placed onto client sites but we truly work hard to combat this. Each year there is a company day out to bring everyone together, not to mention team events, a Christmas party, and various other gifts and rewards throughout the year.
Where are all the true Project Managers?
Typically, our Project Managers have one to three projects for one or two clients. We do not believe true project management is coordinating 20 or 30 projects from behind a desk. We look to bring on board independent Project Managers that can deliver projects client side as they see fit - but we do not expect you to do all of that without some help and support. We have a fantastic PMO team that work tirelessly in the background to support all of our Project Managers and provide a weekly point of contact for employees on client site.
Along with several years’ project management experience, you will have:
• Delivered IT projects through the whole project lifecycle
• You will understand the full SDLC including analysis, enterprise development, build & deployment and support
• Technical Experience – Candidates must demonstrate a background in IT infrastructure project delivery and a variety of software and application projects
• This should cover typical areas of - Active Directory, Mail, Networking (WAN/LAN), Virtualisation, Data Centers
• Experience of applying modern / enterprise agile or waterfall methods
• Experience with cloud, AWS or Azure beneficial
• Associated skill-sets around periphery elements (SAN, VOiP, Cloud) etc. will be seen as highly beneficial
• It is envisaged that the candidates will have had some hands-on experience in their past career
• Must have had a varied Project Management career across either two or more industries or sectors
• Ideally have Project Management or Project Delivery experience in a client facing role
What do we offer in return
• We offer 24 days’ annual leave (exc. Bank Holidays)
• Profit Share Scheme after 6 months
• An annual company day out for those eligible
• Personal Company Pension Plan
• Death in Service (4x salary)
• Flexible points based benefit scheme (1+ year) including; -
o Additional holiday
o ERs pension contributions
• Childcare Voucher Scheme (after probation)
• Monthly £100 charity donation under our staff feedback initiative
The next steps
So you know where you stand, we aim to respond to applicants within 5 working days.
What our “employees say”
Having spent many years as an internal project manager, I thought I knew all I needed to know about project management. Although, since making the move to Stoneseed I have noticed several differences. What I knew to be project management was very much a “watered down” version...
As an internal PM I worked across a project team, with long established processes and internal project resource to draw upon. Now I am a client side project manager, I support and own every part of the process. I have to drive vendor competency whilst managing client relationships and align expectations, in other words true project management.
The variety of projects is what makes it interesting.
Scott Evans – Stoneseed Project Manager
3 Innovate Mews, Lake View Drive, Sherwood Park, Nottingham, NG15 0EA
Phone: 01623 888466